Legal support services
On this page, we’d like to tell you what we do; other pages in this section deal with the Sheriff Court districts we cover, our current table of fees, and a glossary of legal terms related to our services.
Download our brochure (PDF, 1.1MB): Download
Service of documents (“process serving”)
Service is the formal delivery of an official document.
- Service of citations, summonses and writs throughout Scotland.
- Service of English and foreign process and judgments throughout Scotland.
- Service of inhibitions (similar to “charging orders” in English law) on Scottish decree or English judgment.
- Service of notices for landlords, property factors and Housing Associations.
Diligence in Scots law is the process of enforcement of court decrees on debtors.
- Enforcement of court decrees throughout Scotland, by means of attachment, arrestment or inhibition.
- Registration and enforcement in Scotland of judgments from elsewhere in the UK.
- Registration and enforcement of Scottish decrees in other parts of the UK.
- Lodging notice of inhibition and registering after service.
Repossession is the taking back through legal processes of property that was either used as security or rented or leased in a transaction.
- Repossession of heritable property including a repair & maintenance service.
- Repossession of motor vehicles, plant and machinery and other equipment.
Debtor tracing is a service we offer through our specialist tracing agency, TracingUK.
- Residential address tracing and employer tracing.
- Pre-litigation reports and company director searches.
- Full trace and serve package, where legal documents are to be served on the subjects.
Full service details are given on the TracingUK web site.
Ready to issue instructions? Need more information? Phone us now on 0131 556 8601, or email us at enquiries[at]thomashannah.co.uk (replace [at] with @).