Privacy and data protection policies
Privacy notice for this web site
Thomas Hannah & Co. is committed to protecting the privacy of all visitors to this web site. To that end, you may access our web site in its entirety without disclosing any personal data whatever.
This privacy notice applies solely and exclusively to this web site. If we change the contents of this notice, those changes will become effective the moment we publish them on our web site. This notice was last updated on 18 November 2018.
Personal data and data collection
“Personal data” are data relating to a living individual who can be identified from that data, either directly or indirectly. A name, location data, an email address or an online identifier such as a username are all examples of personal data.
Our web site does not by itself collect any personal data about you. Specifically:
- No cookies or tracking scripts. Our web site does not use any cookies at all; nor does it use any scripts designed to track the web sites you visit.
- No analytics or social media buttons. Our web site does not use analytics software or native social media “like” or “share” buttons, which otherwise could build profiles of your internet activity.
- No online forms. Our web site has no forms of any kind to collect data about you.
- No logins or personalisation. You are not required to create a user account to access any part of our web site, and the content you find when visiting the site is exactly the same as found by any other visitor to the site.
Of course, we publish our contact information on our web site (postal address, email address, telephone and fax numbers). If you contact us by any of these methods and divulge personal data, you are doing so of your own volition and your consent is implicit. Nonetheless:
- We will use the information you supply only to respond to your enquiry, and for no other purpose.
- We will store that information securely and we shall not pass your personal data to any third party.
- If no further communication or relationship develops between us within three months, we shall erase or destroy your data. Otherwise our business data protection policy applies.
Our web site contains links to other sites. Thomas Hannah & Co. is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of those web sites. We encourage you to be aware of when you leave our site, and to read the privacy notice of every web site that may collect personal data.
We do not send out bulk, unsolicited commercial email, often known as “spam”. The only email messages we send
- contain information that has been specifically requested; or
- are in furtherance of an existing business relationship.
Data protection policy
As Officers of Court, we take privacy and the protection of personal data seriously. Thomas Hannah & Co. is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (Registration number: Z5538304). Any personal data we collect or process in the course of our business as Messengers-at-Arms and Sheriff Officers is treated in accordance with the six principles set out in the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If we hold any personal data about you, you have the right to know what it is, to have it corrected if it is in error or out of date, and (within certain limitations) to have it erased.
If you have any questions regarding our privacy or data protection policies, or if you are concerned about personal data we may hold about you, please send an email to enquiries[at]thomashannah.co.uk (replace [at] with @), or write to:
Thomas Hannah & Co.
9 Mansfield Place