Thomas Hannah & Company
Messengers-at-Arms and Sheriff Officers
Established some half a century ago, the firm of Thomas Hannah & Co. is proud to support a wide range of clients throughout Scotland and beyond, including prominent solicitor firms, national and local government revenue departments, high street banks and finance houses. We aim to provide a service that is personal as well as professional, with all matters discussed on a confidential, one-to-one basis.
- We are members of The Society of Messengers-at-Arms and Sheriff Officers (SMASO) and are bound by its Code of Professional Ethics.
- We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office for compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the UK Data Protection Act 2018.
- We carry full professional indemnity insurance.
Download our brochure (PDF, 1.1MB): Download
Why instruct us?
Experience and continuity
Our decades in business are testament to our stability and reliability as a company, and to the continuing level of satisfaction with our services enjoyed by the many clients we have earned and retained in that time.
Commitment to quality
We won’t claim to be less expensive than our competitors, because Sheriff Officers and Messengers-at-Arms are prohibited in law from differentiating on the price of our services, which are regulated by Act of Sederunt. Instead, we choose to distinguish ourselves by adding value — we make our services more cost effective for our clients through our three-fold promise:
- to deal with your enquiry or instructions quickly;
- to respond to your needs effectively with timely and informative reports; and
- to have your valued business managed by fully qualified Messengers-at-Arms or Sheriff Officers at all times.
We believe that we have a duty both to clients and to the public at large to act as impartial Officers of Court. For that reason, Thomas Hannah & Co. remains an independently owned and managed business, with no allegiance to any controlling corporate concern.
Take a look at an interesting article posted by one of our clients concerning Sheriff Officers: https://gilsongray.co.uk/insights/value-our-sheriff-officers/
Ready to issue instructions? Need more information? Phone us now on 0131 556 8601, or email us at enquiries[at]thomashannah.co.uk (replace [at] with @).